Saturday, August 4, 2012

Frustrated with Different Users on One Computer?

As a mac lover and a mother of 3 growing children, I went for quality and not quantity when it came to a computer(s) for the family. I knew they would have to share the 27" screen mac, but I wasn't sure how we were going to maintain our different needs when it came to the internet. Not wanting to log out of Facebook or gmail, left the new user the work to log out and log back in. Not a big chore, but it's another step I would like to eliminate. Well, thanks again to Chrome for making our lives easier. Chrome allows you the ability to log in as a "New User". I absolutely love it. I tried using Google's different user account system, but wasn't liking it for what I needed if for and it wasn't clear enough to what account you were using - could be embarrassing.  So, if you are ready to double or triple your users on the same computer - check these instructions out:  http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1721977

Or if you want to try something else, here is a website that gives you 4 different options to sign in as different users: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-ways-simultaneously-manage-multiple-gmail-accounts/

Happy surfing....

No comments:

Post a Comment